MEDICAID WAIVER COORDINATOR
Coordination of Medicaid home and community-based waiver supports for people with disabilities.
Job tasks include providing Medicaid Waiver information, assessing the needs of people with disabilities, developing documentation needed for Medicaid services, local travel to individual’s homes and advocating with others to establish needed services.
Most job activities occur Monday-Friday 9am-5pm with some flextime. Must be available at least two early evenings (5-7pm) each month. 40 hour work week. Annual salary $29,060, plus benefits.
Disability advocacy experience required. Must have knowledge of developmental disabilities. Must have experience with disability services. Persons with disabilities encouraged to apply.
Prefer an applicant who possesses experience as a person with a disability or a family member of a person with a developmental disability and significant life skills related to disability. Must work from a foundation based on the ethics, advocacy and integrity reflective of consumer control and independence.
Must have earned a bachelor’s degree in a human services field.
Please submit resume to email@example.com.
Position is on an AS NEEDED BASIS at $9.75 per hour.
Transport people with disabilities in wheelchair accessible vehicle or car on an as needed basis. Hours/days will vary depending on need. Usually day time shift; however, some evening trips and out of the local area trips.
- Candidate must have a clean driving record.
- Good communication skills and flexibility is a must.
- Candidate must pass Criminal Background check and Child Protective Services check.
Driver Requirements include:
- Prefer experience driving a Mini-Bus with wheelchair lift;
- Experience transporting people with disabilities in an accessible vehicle;
- Valid Driver License with no negative points;
- Must provide a copy of Driver’s license and recent copy of DMV driving record;
- Ability to drive in a safe and courteous manner following all rules of the road; and
- Able to use wheelchair tie downs and lap/shoulder belts to ensure safety of rider.
Other duties may include (based on physical abilities) providing personal care attendant assistance to people with disabilities with:
- Guiding or pushing wheelchairs;
- Restroom transfer and assistance; and
- Feeding (as needed).
The Endependence Center currently does not have any volunteer opportunities.
Thank you for your interest.