Building and Grounds Maintenance Coordinator
Responsible for monitoring condition of building and equipment, minor office repairs, moving of furniture, grounds keeping, janitorial cleaning of office, maintaining floors, and maintenance and driving of Center vehicles. EEO employer and persons with a disability are encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards and assuring compliance;
- Professional demeanor, conduct, courteous manner, and positive attitude;
- Ability to be discreet in sharing information that is of a confidential nature;
- Ability to perform assigned tasks with minimum supervision, prioritizes assignments, and meets deadlines;
- Ability to relate to persons with disabilities in a consumer-directed manner and adherence to IL philosophy;
- Monitor condition of building and equipment and report to supervisor potential or actual OSHA issues;
- Ability to perform grounds keeping including:
- cutting of grass;
- utilizing a weed eater for trimming around walkways and bushes;
- trimming bushes;
- maintaining flowers;
- emptying smoker’s ashtray;
- keeping parking lot clear of debris;
- keeping dumpster area clear of debris;
- placing salt and snow removal from walkways, driveway and area in front of main entrance; and
- keeping entrance area free of debris.
- Ability to perform light maintenance in office including:
- changing light bulbs;
- unclogging bathrooms;
- replacing batteries in automatic faucet, towel and soap dispensers, and toilet;
- minor repairs as needed;
- office painting as needed; and
- moving furniture and other items as needed.
- Ability to provide daily office cleaning including:
- cleaning windows;
- wiping of tables, counters, and desks;
- sanitizing and cleaning restrooms and kitchen areas;
- wiping/sanitizing all rails and surfaces in common area;
- moping of all tile floors;
- vacuuming of all rugs;
- spot cleaning of rugs when stains occur;
- emptying trash and disposing in dumpster;
- ordering of cleaning materials and supplies; and
- according to established monthly schedule, maintain the following:
- carpet steam cleaning; and
- floor maintenance-stripping, waxing, and buffing of tile floors.
- Ability to provide routine maintenance of Center vehicles including:
- checking of all fluids and starting condition of Center vehicles;
- reporting of any repairs needed;
- taking vehicles to repair location; and
- cleaning of vehicles inside/outside.
- Will perform building and grounds maintenance tasks per ECI’s agreement with EPI;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record with no tickets (must provide copy of driver’s license and current driving record from DMV);
- Prefer driving experience driving a Mini-Bus with wheelchair lift;
- Must pass Criminal Background check and Child Protective Services check;
- Must be physically able to operate a variety of machines, intermittent stooping, bending, and lifting of items up to 100 lbs.;
- Must have a high school diploma or GED; and
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Driving Center vehicles to transport participants and/or staff as needed utilizing proper tie downs.
- Perform grounds keeping including cutting of grass, weed eating, trimming bushes, snow removal from walkways, and keeping entrance area free of debris as needed.
- Perform light maintenance in office including changing light bulbs, minor repairs, moving furniture and other items, etc.
- Perform daily office cleaning of windows, wiping of counters/desks that have clear space, sanitizing and cleaning rest rooms and tile floors, vacuuming of rugs, disposing of trash, restocking supplies and carpet and floor maintenance.
- Follow OSHA guidelines and establish any records as required.
- Research and arrange for building repairs once approved by EPI.
- Develop and maintain a schedule of building maintenance, inspections and check equipment (i.e., Fire Extinguishers, AED Defibrillator, emergency lights, etc.)
SUPERVISOR: Director of Finance
- Full-Time (40 hours/week) position @ an annual salary of $29,064 plus benefits.
- Working hours and days will vary and some weekends required.
- Persons with a disability are encouraged to apply
- Endependence Center (ECI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
CLOSING DATE: December 30, 2020
Submit Cover Letter and Resume to:
Mr. Amadeo San Antonio
Endependence Center, Inc.
6300 East Virginia Beach Blvd
Norfolk, VA 23502
Fax: (757) 455-8223