The Endependence Center’s Project WISE-East Work Incentive Services for Employment is a WIPA Project.
- This WIPA Project provides you with the knowledge you need to make informed choices about employment. Our Community Work Incentives Coordinators (CWICs) provide FREE individualized benefits counseling for Social Security and Supplemental Security Income beneficiaries with disabilities who are working, or are about to begin working. Work Incentives make it possible for you to keep your Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), and/or health care benefits while you test your ability to work.
Services provided by our WIPA Project include:
- Benefits Planning and Advisement;
- Problem Solving and Advocacy;
- Benefits Support Planning;
- Independent Living Supports:
- Addressing barriers to employment; and
- Information and Referral.
Learn more about Social Security Work Incentives:
- Trial Work Period;
- Extended Period of Eligibility;
- Unsuccessful Work Attempt;
- Impairment Related Work Expenses;
- Earned Income Exclusion;
- Subsidy and Special Conditions;
- Unincurred Business Expenses;
- Plan to Achieve Self Support;
- Property Essential to Self-Support;
- Blind Work Expenses;
- Student Earned Income Exclusion;
- Medicaid 1619A and 1619B;
- Extended Medicare;
- Expedited Reinstatement; and
- Medicaid Works (VA residents only).
Learn how other Federal, State, and local programs, such as TANF, Section-8 Housing Vouchers, Childcare Assistance Programs, etc., are impacted by employment. Work Incentives are specific to the type of benefit you receive.
Additional referral information:
- Employment Networks (www.chooseworkttw.net);
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services (www.dars.virginia.gov); and
- Protection and Advocacy Legal Services (www.dlcv.org).
For further information, visit www.ssa.gov or call the Ticket to Work Help Line at their toll-free numbers:
1-866-968-7842 (v) or 1-866-833-2967 (TTY)
Monday through Friday ~ 8 am to 8 pm (EST)
or visit their website at http://www.chooseworkttw.net/
“This document is funded through a Social Security cooperative agreement. Although Social Security reviewed this website for accuracy, it does not constitute an official Social Security communication.”